I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, February 23, 2009

WALL-e wins Oscar. Andrew brings it home



"Out there, Barnaby!" Andrew Stanton comes home brandishing a golden statue. These small traditions we have are what I know I'd remember fondly when I'm in the old folks home for aged and decrepit animators. The company is a family and one of our movies went out and did good. That means we all did.



I worked on the first act of Wall-e a long time ago before I went to be part of UP. I had a short stint in Andrew's push to get the reels on its feet. Pete Sohn, Nate Stanton and myself went in and drew/designed and made up the moments with Andrew about Wall-e's time on earth (Eve's arrival was my section and I did forays into the second act in the sewers). It was a blast. Maybe it was because I was never meant to go the whole distance. Maybe because I got to go in there with blue sky and try anything. I could do that till the cows came home. Come on, robots!!!



My thanks to Andrew Stanton and Jim Morris who then were the only other folks with us conspiring and dreaming to accelerate a notoriously glacial process.

Congratulations and good work to all involved.


OUT THERE!




19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats to everyone involved! Nothing but love and admiration.

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

Congrats indeed! A job well done!

5:16 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Awesome! Very well deserved!

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations to Andrew and all the Pixar crew! You guys are blessed to work in such an awesome studio! Please keep inspiring the world with those beautiful movies! :D

10:03 PM

 
Blogger RAWLS said...

Congrats my friend!! You guys deserve it!

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Nancy said...

Congratulations, Ronnie and everyone! I was so happy to hear that! Thanks for sharing the celebratory photos - we are all celebrating with you.

12:06 AM

 
Blogger Nate Lane said...

So excited for you guys, that's awesome

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Corey said...

A job very well done, congrats!

9:56 PM

 
Blogger katie smith said...

Congratulations to all of you over there, that award was much deserved!! Ronnie I've been a fan of your work for years, thank you for sharing that with us dreamers.

10:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,

Congratulations.
One day, it will be you up there on the podium holding "Golden Statue" he he.

cK

10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Wall-E last weekend and it completly deserved this reward.
Thanks for all the good time spent in Angoulème with Ted, Enrico and you. You are amazingliy nice guys :)
I hope we'll meet again
Xavier

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Mike Bastoli said...

Congratulations!

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Kyri Kyprianou said...

Well deserved, a fantastic piece of cinema

2:35 PM

 
Blogger Jose Saenz said...

Congrats, Ronnie...to you and the entire crew. You guys deserve that Oscar. I just bought Wall-E on Blu-Ray...STUNNING!...the only way to watch it, in my opinion.

-Jose Saenz

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Segun said...

Thanks so much for the book you gave me at Wondercon, you're so kind. cheers,
Segun.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I think you're related to my wife, Shiela del Carmen... We're from the Philippines.i'm leaving my email...maxtuliao@gmail.com

6:25 AM

 
Blogger Roninfang said...

Good Afternoon, my name is Aiken Pe Yang, AB-MMA graduate of De La Salle College of Saint Benilde i am really a big fan on the movies you have worked on especially Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron and Road To Eldorado.

I really love storytelling but through animation

I just wanted to ask for career advice if its not too much trouble ^_^

Congratulations on Disney's Up

6:35 AM

 
Blogger Roninfang said...

sorry about that i need to correct my self

Congratulations on Disney's, Pixar's

UP

Looking forward to more great movies from you guys! ^_^

6:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you release all the deleted scenes storyboard sequences of Wall_e ,please? Like,Right Now!

12:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home